hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Recovering .META. table
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 08:22:08 GMT
On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 11:46 AM, Cosmin Lehene <clehene@adobe.com> wrote:

> Having enough info to regenerate the .META. table would be indeed useful.

I don't think it would be too hard to do.  We'll try and have something in
place for 0.20.0.

> I wonder if it wouldn't make sense to keep regular snapshots of .META.
> Table as a backup - but I guess this something that the "fsck" tool would
> take care of, right?

The shell allows you force a flush now on a table or individual region.
Could have a cron script invoke the flush then do a copy of the .META.
content that is in hdfs.  Better would be a working sync/flush in hdfs
(smile).

I'm glad you got stuff running again Cosmin.

St.Ack