hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: financial time series database
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 14:25:14 GMT
On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 9:53 PM, Wesley Chow <wes.chow@s7labs.com> wrote:

> Are there technical limitations to the number of different timestamps per
> cell? If it's the case that you're doing to be dealing with tens of
> thousands to millions of entries all at one cell, perhaps you should check
> that to make sure it's a reasonable use case. The examples in the HBase docs
> number the timestamps in single digits, and I don't recall any mention of
> very large numbers.

Agreed.  I'd  imagine that tens of thousands of versions currently would
suffer in same manner as tens of thousands of columns -- hbase running
increasingly slower as count went up, at least until we address
HBASE-867<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-867> "If
millions of columns in a column family, hbase scanner won't come
up<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-867>
"

St.Ack