hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Force split
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 08:11:27 GMT
It works, it has worked in the past...

One thing to remember is you can't always split...  You cant split until all
the open scanners are closed.  Furthermore you can't split if a region has
just split.  The reason for this is because once you split a region, files
aren't rewritten, but the 2 daughter regions hold references to the parent
region.  Until those regions are resolved via compaction (slow, minutes
possibly), you can't split those daughter regions.

So check again, maybe your splits are working after all.

If you are doing imports, check out my Randomize.java i posted to the list
last week.  That helps import performance substantially.