hbase-user mailing list archives

From "11 Nov." <nov.eleve...@gmail.com>
Subject Many storefiles on the same region
Date Wed, 29 Apr 2009 06:30:48 GMT
hi all,
    We are doing data inserting on hbase, and the table table only have one
column family with one qualifier, which is about 20 bytes' lenth. There is
another table carrying 5TB data in the same hbase deployment.
    Our problem is that when we inserting data into the target table, the
first region of the table did not split for a very long time, so that we can
see the storefile number increasing to about 400 or more.
    Is there anything we can do to fix it? For the performance is too poor
to inserting on only one retion.