hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Using Yahoo Pig to to do adhoc querying on HBase
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2009 12:38:51 GMT
Ninad,

There is no index apart from the primary key so you are right, out of
the box HBase doesn't directly provide such a facility. You can either
index your table by hand using preferably a MapReduce job or use the
BuildTableIndex provided in mapred. See
http://hadoop.apache.org/hbase/docs/r0.19.1/api/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapred/BuildTableIndex.html

J-D