hbase-user mailing list archives

From Eran Bergman <eranberghb...@gmail.com>
Subject Data uniqueness
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 09:00:07 GMT
Hello,

Lately I have been experimenting with HBase and I came across a problem I
don't know how to solve yet.
My problem is data uniqueness, meaning I would like to have unique data in a
specified column (taking into account all or some subset of my rows).
I would like to have that for any number of columns which I will specify
(various types of data).

Usually the way to do this is to use some sort of indexing method, but this
will amount to round trips to the server for uniqueness checks before I
commit, which are very costly.

Does anyone have any thoughts on how to do this?

Thanks,
Eran