hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hadoop config file IOException
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 22:17:30 GMT

Hi Vaibhav,

Does this work?

  import org.apache.log4j.Level;
  import org.apache.log4j.Logger;
  // ...
  Logger log = Logger.getLogger(<your main class>.class.getName());
  log.setLevel(Level.WARN);

... where you make the appropriate substitution of course. :-)
Works for me.

Also, I always launch my client code using the appropriate launcher
script. Doing so lessens the differences between my deployments and
those of others who commonly do the same thing, which makes bug
reporting smoother. So I copy my jars into hbase/lib and then do

  hbase my.package.MyClass arg1 arg2 ... argn

or

  hbase-daemon.sh start my.package.MyClass arg1 arg2 ... argn

as appropriate.

Hope this helps,

  - Andy