hbase-user mailing list archives

From Yabo-Arber Xu <arber.resea...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hbase on EC2 and issues with external access
Date Fri, 20 Mar 2009 22:05:06 GMT
Hi Ryan and J-C,

Thanks. I have rebuit HBase and make it working on EC2. And now, I can
happily see the region server appears on the WEB UI with correct external IP
address ( as attached ).

However, when I try to connect the master via an external shell client, it
pops up the following exception:
"NativeException: org.apache.hadoop.hbase.MasterNotRunningException:
ec2-67-202-57-127.compute-1.amazonaws.com:60000"

You can observe from the attached WEB UI snapshot that it seems that now the
problem is because the master still serves through the internal IP ( see the
title of the master.jsp attached).

Could this because of the settings in my hbase-site.xml? I now set all IP
consistently using external IP.

Thanks,
Arber

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 12:47 PM, Ryan Rawson <ryanobjc@gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes if you patch src/ you need to rebuild.
>
> this should be as simple as:
> export JAVA_HOME=...
> ant
>
> and you are ready to go.
>
> On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 12:46 PM, Yabo-Arber Xu <arber.research@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > I have upgraded it to 0.19.1, and apply the patch. A newbie question: do
> > have to re-build hbase to make it work?
> >
> > Best,
> > Arber
> >
> > On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 12:20 PM, Jean-Daniel Cryans <
> jdcryans@apache.org
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > Err you could try to apply the patch on 0.18.1 first but the best
> > > would be to upgrade to 0.19.1
> > >
> > > J-D
> > >
> > > On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 3:10 PM, Yabo-Arber Xu <
> arber.research@gmail.com

> Do

> > jdcryans@apache.org

> > > jdcryans@apache.org>
> > may
> check

> > > arber.research@gmail.com>

> > via
> > > Web
> view
> > > that
Master
> > > mapped
> the
> IP.

> > > master
> > > recognized
Amazon
> > > network),

> > > namenode,

> > the
> > > region
> server
> > > was
> so
> > > that
> hadoop
> > > was

I'd really
> > > really
> > the
> > dive
> > > in

> was

> > > from
> > > example.com:60010.
> > > internal

connect region
> > > server,
hbase-site.xml, I
> > did
IP.

> > > </value>
region server runs
> > > at.^M

Cryans <

you unblock port
> > 60000

Xu <

It works fine
> > > internally
> > > am
host. I've been
> > googling
raised before:

> http://www.nabble.com/Hbase-on-EC2-and-issues-with-Amazon-NAT-Internal-Addresses-td21621367.html

wonder whether anybody
> > has
greatly appreciated!

am running the
> > > master/region

the Amazon public IP
port that the HBase master
> runs
> > > at.

> <value>hdfs://domU-12-31-39-00-E0-96.compute-1.internal:54310/hbase</value>
shared by region servers.