hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hbase on EC2 and issues with external access
Date Thu, 19 Mar 2009 23:33:29 GMT
Getting the "good" host name for a node is kind of a pain. For the
moment, the implemented solution is that the Master tells the region
server to override it's known address with what the region server was
able to contact the master with. It was implemented like this so that
the region servers stop showing all up as "127.0.0.1" and hadoop was
doing it the same way.

Now, I know that they changed it on their side, so I'd really really
like to know with which address the datanodes are showing up in the
namenode. Internal or external? If it's the external one, I'll dive in
their code.

Thx,

J-D