hbase-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Hadoop config file IOException
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 00:42:11 GMT

Hi Vaibhav,

> From: Vaibhav Puranik
> How do I change client's log level? I can change
> server's log level from the web UI.

For Hadoop, in hadoop/conf/log4j.properties modify hadoop.root.logger property.

For HBase, in hbase/conf/log4j.properties modify hbase.root.logger property.

These settings are picked up by the client if you are executing client side code using hadoop/bin/hadoop
or hbase/bin/hbase scripts.

Or, you can specify the log level on the command line, for example:

  HBASE_ROOT_LOGGER=WARN,console bin/hbase foo

Finally, you can change the log level within your client code:

  import org.apache.log4j.Level;
  import org.apache.log4j.Logger;
  // ...
  Logger log = Logger.getLogger(...);