hbase-user mailing list archives

From Slava Gorelik <slava.gore...@gmail.com>
Subject Few questions
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 17:21:16 GMT
Hi to All.

I have a few questions to ask:

1) Is it possible to bring specific columns from the same row within 1 round
trip (some method that takes list of column names and return rowresult) ?

2) Is key size has any implications on HBase performance?

3) Somewhere, i don't remember where, I read that HBase know very fast and
efficient to retrieve rows in the range between 2 given keys, is it correct
?
   If yes, how it's implemented ? I suggest that data in mapfile is sorted
by key (when i inserted the rows), but what happened when i updated
the specific row, i guess because in
   HBase everything is insert , it means that updated row will be stored
(probably) in different map file than original row, is it correct ? If yes,
how can be promised efficient and fast
   retrieval of rows in the range between 2 keys, in this case it could be
retrieval of rows from different map files.

Thank You and Best Regards.
Slava.