hbase-user mailing list archives

From Chris K Wensel <ch...@wensel.net>
Subject Re: Backup Again
Date Wed, 04 Feb 2009 16:28:37 GMT
Hey Michael

You could probably use Cascading to migrate data between HBase clusters.
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/Cascading

But the code currently doesn't support multiple HBase cluster clients
in a single JVM, but I'm sure it can be coded in quickly. (the code is
hosted at github, so is easily cloned and patched).

A benefit of using Cascading would be the ability to put in quality
checks, or filter data very easily.

I've already heard of users starting to migrate from HBase to a RDBMS
using Cascading, and also between Hypertable and Aster Data. Hopefully
those adapters will leak out for the rest of us to use.

ckw

--
Chris K Wensel
chris@wensel.net