hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Question on RowLock
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 16:28:24 GMT
See how you can lock a row -- it returns a RowLock instance -- here
http://hadoop.apache.org/hbase/docs/r0.19.0/api/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HTable.html#lockRow(byte[]).
Then see how elsewhere in HTable, all operations optionally take a RowLock
instance.  Unlock the row when done using this method:
http://hadoop.apache.org/hbase/docs/r0.19.0/api/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/client/HTable.html#unlockRow(org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RowLock)
.

A single server at any one time will be hosting the region that contains the
row you are locking.  When you get a RowLock its held by this host.  Ergo,
no need for it to be distributed.

St.Ack