hbase-user mailing list archives

From Ryan Rawson <ryano...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: writing map output to local fileSystem
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 10:47:14 GMT
Hi there,

This is the hbase user list. Hbase is a google bigtable inspired project.
You want the hadoop-user list. Try hadoop's website.

Good luck!

On Feb 3, 2009 2:42 AM, "Yair Even-Zohar" <yaire@revenuescience.com> wrote:

I'm trying to run a map and output data to local filesystem on EC2 and
run into some problems.

prior to hadoop/hbase 19 I was using

   RawLocalFileSystem rlfs = new RawLocalFileSystem();

   Path path = new Path("file:///directory");

   rlfs.setWorkingDirectory(path);

   FileOutputFormat.setOutputPath(c, rlfs.getWorkingDirectory());

All I'm getting now under the blah directory is just the _logs directory
and the other output files are not there.

If I write to HDFS all the required data is in place.

Any idea?

Thanks

-Yair