hbase-user mailing list archives

From shourabh rawat <mirage1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improving hbase read performance
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 16:39:19 GMT
Sorry to bug u again but this problem is troubling me a lot....

"Yes.  Do multple instances of HTable.  You won't do the ten requests in the
time it would take to do one.  It'll be more like the time to do 2 or 3 (at
least in my primitive testing).  If you had more regionservers, it would
complete in shorter time (its the single Connection issue you mentioned in
an earlier mail)."

well i pasted my code a few posts back...Is it the same as wat u r sayin...
But it doesn't seem to be improving my performance though.

here's the log
The search results size : 50
we are here
22 time taken to complete for process 0
49 time taken to complete for process 1
41 time taken to complete for process 3
91 time taken to complete for process 2
120 time taken to complete for process 4
22 time taken to complete for process 7
35 time taken to complete for process 5
64 time taken to complete for process 8
73 time taken to complete for process 9
93 time taken to complete for process 6
93 time taken to complete for process 11
109 time taken to complete for process 12
143 time taken to complete for process 13
119 time taken to complete for process 14
289 time taken to complete for process 10
8 time taken to complete for process 19
9 time taken to complete for process 18
69 time taken to complete for process 17
32 time taken to complete for process 21
10 time taken to complete for process 24
13 time taken to complete for process 25
13 time taken to complete for process 26
59 time taken to complete for process 20
48 time taken to complete for process 22
57 time taken to complete for process 23
29 time taken to complete for process 29
224 time taken to complete for process 15
96 time taken to complete for process 28
95 time taken to complete for process 30
241 time taken to complete for process 16
66 time taken to complete for process 31
65 time taken to complete for process 32
101 time taken to complete for process 33
68 time taken to complete for process 35
75 time taken to complete for process 36
261 time taken to complete for process 27
57 time taken to complete for process 37
136 time taken to complete for process 34
54 time taken to complete for process 39
88 time taken to complete for process 40
42 time taken to complete for process 41
49 time taken to complete for process 43
81 time taken to complete for process 42
9 time taken to complete for process 45
14 time taken to complete for process 47
17 time taken to complete for process 46
18 time taken to complete for process 48
53 time taken to complete for process 49
265 time taken to complete for process 38
181 time taken to complete for process 44
time taken1960
Time taken in milli seconds to get content for 50 entities from the
HBase is : 1961
as you could see time is quite high around 2 sec
i was expecting that with parallel threads time shld have been arnd
300 (265 is the max for any gets)
Could you figure out why this is happening...Is it that the process
are not running in parallel

"Depends on hardware, data, etc (See the wiki for the numbers I get with our
hardware and loading).

If this is important to you, you might wait on hbase 0.20.0.  Improving this
performance dimension is its focus.
"

well i m using the cluster of 3 .......1 master and 3 regionservers .....
cant wait for 0.20.0 ...need a solution now....nyways ny idea wen it'll be out

"You could also run multiple clients each to their own process so each
process got its own Connection instance."

Didn't get wat u mean by  this...
Well is it possible to get multiple connection instances. Isn't that
the property of the HTables and with same name they alwyas have the
same connection instances.
Could you give some sample code which cld help me on this "multiple
connection instances"

Thanx again......