hbase-user mailing list archives

From shourabh rawat <mirage1...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Improving hbase read performance
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 19:29:17 GMT
Thanx for replying....
Well the problem is this.
I have a distributed setup of hbase over hadoop(a cluster of 3).
I have loaded around 4 millions entries into my hbase.
Now i want to read on it.(read a set of entries)
Reading sequentially adds on the performance.
I want really good performance (i mean retrieval should be well within
10 ms per entry on an average)
So i thought of trying out the bulk read (but no such function on the hbase api)
so i resorted to threads...created one htable instance per thread and
did a get on the same table in parallel.
But still the performance doesn't seem to get effected.
Are u sure that the hbase treats them parallely or does it handle them
sequentially even when thr are parallel request.

Nyways wat is a good performance on a hbase...Any other way to improve
on this performance...
Can multiple instances of hbase be created (and not HTable as All the
HTables are seem to be using the same connection
i mean HConnection object).

Would be great if you could help me on this...and clear my concepts