hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Yair Even-Zohar" <ya...@revenuescience.com>
Subject Another backup question
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 21:35:39 GMT
I try to backup hbase is a brute force, yet a faster method by copying
everything under the adoop.tmp.dir which includes the namenode, data
etc.  That is, I

1) shut down Hbase

2) shout down Hadoo

3 ) copy everything under hadoop.tmp.dir (/mnt.hadoop in my case)  to a
temp directory

     I'm doing that for the Master and the Slaves

4) I then copy the temp directory to the  .tmp.dir (/mnt.hadoop in my
case) . Master is copied to Master and the same for the slaves (I
verified the copy is successful ).

5) launch Hadoo

6) Launch Hbase

But the tables and data I created on Hbase are now gone.

Can I use this method to backup, is there anything else I should backup
?

Thanks

-Yair