hbase-user mailing list archives

From Yabo-Arber Xu <arber.resea...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: writing map output to local fileSystem
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 14:23:59 GMT
Hi there,

I have this usage scenario on HBase, and wonder what is the most efficient
way of doing this:

I use each row to represent some cluster, and the rowkey is sort of the
center of the cluster. So every time I add an element into a cluster, i need
to update the rowkey ( also some minor additional updates to certain
columns).

The best way I know is to read this whole row out, remove it from hbase, and
insert the same row with new rowkey, but this appears not to be that
efficient. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your input!

Best,
Arber