hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Daniel Cryans <jdcry...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question on region server/data node restart
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 13:56:12 GMT
Michael,

Regards stopping those nodes, do it using hadoop-daemon/hbase-daemon to stop
them cleanly. Requests from the clients will not "fail", they will simply be
told to look elsewhere for the regions they have in cache. Unless you only
have 1 region server...

Regards starting the nodes, apart from the usual hadoop-daemon/hbase-daemon,
no.

J-D