hbase-user mailing list archives

From Jean-Adrien <a...@jeanjean.ch>
Subject Re: HBase 0.19.0: Xcievers / shutdown / JVM GC settings
Date Tue, 24 Feb 2009 12:39:22 GMT

#3 I put the information in the Troubleshooting section. Do not hesitate to
reformat.
#2 And I created the jira https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-1214

About HBASE-616, using the concurrent GC should help, the only problem is
that the concurrent GC performs full GC sometimes, it is therefore not a
solution and I don't think it should be the normal mode of HBase.
Another idea (haven't tried it yet) is to have a larger part of the heap
used for Eden space (short life objects), in order to avoid mid-living
object to be promoted to the old space, and collected at full gc time.
Anyway, if the heap almost fits in physical memory, all gc strategies should
be quick.

I'll continue to monitor the heap usage, and if I find something
interesting, I post.