hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Gray" <jl...@streamy.com>
Subject RE: HBase and Hadoop MapReduce - Common setups?
Date Tue, 03 Feb 2009 22:42:04 GMT
Sean,

You're going to want to run your TaskTrackers local to your DataNodes and
RegionServers, again for locality reasons.  That's one of the primary
advantages of MapReduce, moving computation to data.

Otherwise, you are on track.  Of course the setup depends on what you're
doing, but what you describe is on a majority of the HBase setups I'm aware
of.

JG