hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: looking for some hbase recovery help
Date Wed, 14 Jan 2009 17:48:36 GMT
Leor Thomas wrote:
> Hi,was looking for some hbase recovery help,
>

> A region split failed on my cluster (may be my first region split on
> this cluster) and now getRow is failing for some rows, there are mostly
> two exceptions in the logs, "region is closed" and "hbase needs EXECUTE
> permissions on /home/hbase/.../129547833999.34232/data' (the data dir
> does not exist, the dir above is an empty file).  Running hbase 0.2.1,
> hadoop 0.17.1.

Above seems like a permissions issue in hadoop.   Have you checked the
permissions documentation:
http://hadoop.apache.org/core/docs/r0.19.0/hdfs_permissions_guide.html?
What if you disable permissions?  I haven't followed permissions to
whether or which but perhaps it a bug in your old hadoop version?  It
may also be an idiosyncrasy of your running cygwin.

St.Ack