hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: [LIKELY JUNK]January HBase Meetups - SF/LA
Date Wed, 07 Jan 2009 19:15:16 GMT
Ding, Hui wrote:
> Do we have an agenda for this?

Currently, no more than what Jon posted below.

What kind of detail are you looking for?

Here's a first cut.  Please add (or remove) agenda items:

+ Introductions.  Since the number of attendees will be small, lets go
around the room and have each person say a word on why they are
interested in hbase and their experiences to date if any.
+ Would be sweet if someone presented on an hbase usage -- a slide or
two -- but no volunteers at the moment (Anyone interested?).
+ A slide or two on whats new in hbase 0.19.0.
+ Discussion of what should be in 0.20.0; current thoughts would seem to
be a focus be on upping the random-read performance; zookeeper
integration; and new file format.  What else?

We'll try and keep minutes and post the list.
St.Ack