hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Michael Dagaev" <michael.dag...@gmail.com>
Subject Hbase shell put/get failed for some keys range
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2009 15:36:13 GMT
Hi, all

    I have been still working on the problem I described in the previous mail.
My Hbase client stopped working and logs <java.io.IOException: HRegionInfo
was null or empty in .META.>.

Now I am working with the problematic table manually using Hbase shell.
When I run get/put rows from/to the table,  I noticed the the get/put succeed
for rows with keys < X and fail for keys > X (it does not matter what
X is actually is).
So, it looks like that the region with keys > X is unavailable.

The table is split into 2 regions assigned to the same region server.
The region server is on air. The 1st region end key (and the 2nd
region start key)
is close to X but not equal to it (as I expected).

Am I missing something here?

Thank you for your cooperation,
M.