hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Genady " <gena...@exelate.com>
Subject HBase random read technics
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2009 14:20:01 GMT
Hi,

Just wondering if somebody could recommend a random read strategy for
searching a big group of the keys(100M) in hadoop/hbase cluster, using one
client is very slow, separating an input to smaller groups and running each
one with a different client is certainly improves performance, but maximum
speed I'm getting is ~3300 read/sec. I've tried to use map reduce and to run
search as map-reduce ask and to run HBase reads from map or reduce, but
HBase is start to fail. So hardware upgrade and creating HBase in memory
tables is only direction here?

Any help or tips are appreciated,

Gennady