hbase-user mailing list archives

From michael.dag...@gmail.com
Subject Simple Questions on Availability
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2009 15:15:48 GMT
Hi, all

Let there is an Hbase cluster of one master and several region server hosts.

If we restart (shutdown -r now) only the Hbase master host,
while the region servers are running , we have to restart the region servers
when the Hbase master is up, otherwise the Hbase won't be available.

If we restart one or few region server hosts (but not all of them), the
Hbase
still will be available (up to performance problems).

Is it correct?

Thank you for your cooperation,
M.