hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Slava Gorelik" <slava.gore...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Row with many-many columns
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 16:52:10 GMT
Hi.

I think it should be faster, even for the reason that each column family is
separate map file (correct me if i wrong).It means when you will ask for
specific column family, HBase will not open other map files.
Btw, the functionality to get particular column family will be released in
0.19 : https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-857

Best Regards.