hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Slava Gorelik" <slava.gore...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thrift API vs Java API
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2008 18:37:37 GMT
Hi.As far as i understand Thrift usage in Hbase it works in this way : C#
Client (Thrift Client) connect to Hbase Thrift Server that actually acts
like Hbase client (2 RPC call for each operation, twice if i will use Hbase
client Java API). This overhead is may be not critical when application is
doing update  / put with big amount of data, but in my case I'm trying to
reproduce OLTP behavior(big amount of small data operations) and in this
case this overhead is critical for me.