hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Yossi Ittach" <yoss...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RegionsSplit causes NotServingRegionException
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2008 08:12:43 GMT
Hey

I can't seem to resolve this problem - After a region split occurs I can't
insert more data to table unless I disable and re-enable it - I'm getting
get NotServingRegionException.

org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException: Trying to contact
region server MY.IP.213:60020 for region
my_table,C74fV1ZrJT5JEeZwSniLSA==,1229510672251, row
'EArVqQK7uAhJtdCI6SHIkg==', but failed after 1 attempts.
Exceptions:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.NotServingRegionException:
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.NotServingRegionException:
my_table,C74fV1ZrJT5JEeZwSniLSA==,1229510672251
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.getRegion(HRegionServer.java:1519)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.HRegionServer.batchUpdate(HRegionServer.java:1105)
        at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor13.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.HbaseRPC$Server.call(HbaseRPC.java:554)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:888)

        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers.getRegionServerWithRetries(HConnectionManager.java:863)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.commit(HTable.java:964)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.commit(HTable.java:950)

Vale et me ama
Yossi