hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Tim Sell" <trs...@gmail.com>
Subject HBASE_OPT 's?
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 12:33:56 GMT
Due to recent memory issues, I was thinking of trying to run the garbage
collector concurrently in a seperate thread.
ie. with the options:

-Xms2048m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC

I've tried using putting them into hbase-env.sh as
export HBASE_OPT="-Xms2048m -XX:+UseConcMarkSweepGC -XX:+UseParNewGC"

and it doesn't seem to work. I've even tried just one argument (starting vm
memory size),
export HBASE_OPT=-Xms2048m

And "ps x | grep region" assures me that these options aren't being
included. Not in the master either.
Any suggestions?

btw. Has anyone else tried this and found it worth while?

~Tim.