hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: CompactSplitThread Exception and other questions
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 18:11:02 GMT
Thibaut_ wrote:
> Dedicated 1 gigabit cards and switch are added this afternoon, so
> that the dfs related problems and the poor performance will probably all go
> away.. :-). This might have also triggered the bloomfilter exception (race
> condition)?

If 0.18.x hadoop, please be conscious of the last two items on the
troubleshooting page: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/Troubleshooting.

> Except for a few occasional exceptions (eg. NotServingRegionException,which
> might still be related at the moment to the reduced network performance
> right now), everything seems to work fine now and as I expected it to work.
> :-)
NSREs that show in DEBUG logging are part of 'normal' operation; this
'exception' is how a regionserver flags the client that it needs to
relookup a regions address because the asked regionserver no-longer host
it (split, crash, etc.).  NSREs that show at WARNING or ERROR level
indicate table problems that will likely require manual intervention to fix.

St.Ack