hbase-user mailing list archives

From "tim robertson" <timrobertson...@gmail.com>
Subject Newbie: best practice for building sharded SOLR indexes
Date Sat, 06 Dec 2008 21:53:21 GMT
Hi all,

When I read around this there seems to be a lot of options for
distributed indexes, so I am just looking to be pointed in the right
direction...

Can someone please help me with the best way to build up SOLR indexes
from data held in HBase, that will be too large to sit on a single
machine (100s millions rows)?
I am assuming in a 20 node Hadoop cluster, I should build a 20 shard
index and use SOLRs distributed search?
What is the best way to build each shard please? - use HBase as input
source to Map reduce and push into the local node index in a
Map/Reduce operation?

Thanks,

Tim