hbase-user mailing list archives

From Thibaut_ <tbr...@blue.lu>
Subject Re: CompactSplitThread Exception and other questions
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 11:47:03 GMT

Hi Andy,

thanks for your reply.

When I was testing with bloomfilters enabled, I did create the table before
any data was stored into the table. I did never alter any table at all.

As for the performance issues: it turned out, all traffic was routed through
a gateway for security reasons, such that the 100 Mbit were shared for all
the 16 servers hanging at that switch. This also explains the low
performance I was receiving and the dfs errors, as the pipes were probably
saturated. Dedicated 1 gigabit cards and switch are added this afternoon, so
that the dfs related problems and the poor performance will probably all go
away.. :-). This might have also triggered the bloomfilter exception (race
condition)?

It might be interesting to add a read test with bigger data in the tables,
so one can see how the cluster operates under heavier load/traffic.

Except for a few occasional exceptions (eg. NotServingRegionException,which
might still be related at the moment to the reduced network performance
right now), everything seems to work fine now and as I expected it to work.
:-)

I will leave the bloomfilters and blockcache disabled for now.

Thanks,
Thibaut