hbase-user mailing list archives

From abhinit <abhinit.ku...@gmail.com>
Subject implementing join on two Hbase tables
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2008 10:31:31 GMT
I am trying to implement hash-join and nested join on two Hbase tables.
However, I am stuck.

I came across the package *org.apache.hadoop.mapred.join* which joins
two sorted datasets before map. However, I want to implement joins using
map/reduce methods so that I have more control on how to join the data.

I found the package *org.apache.hadoop.contrib.utils.join* after a bit of
searching
which has something I am looking for (not too sure as I have not read the
code completely).
It would be great if someone who has used this package can give me a pointer
on my problem,

Is there a way I can take two tables as input in TableMap's map method? (my
guess is no)
If not, does the current hadoop/hbase implementation provide features for
implementing user-defined joins

Thanks a lot
-Abhinit