hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Jonathan Gray" <jl...@streamy.com>
Subject RE: Thrift API vs Java API
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2008 18:07:14 GMT
I have not used the thrift interface, but know that many others are.  I
doubt that they are seeing an order of magnitude decrease in performance.
What have others seen with thrift?

There are talks of a new client-side API.  To my knowledge no one is working
on this, so it is not currently scheduled for any upcoming release.  There
are a number of people who would be interested in it, so please continue
discussion on the issue if you have an interest in it.

Here is the open issue regarding this (Pure C/C++ client libraries):

JG