hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Genady " <gena...@exelate.com>
Subject HBase table design question
Date Sun, 21 Dec 2008 10:26:02 GMT
I'd like to save records of form:

1 -> www.cnn.com

1 -> http://www.bbc.com

1 -> www.haha.com

>From documentation I understood that the HBase 0.18.1 supports
multidimensional tables, such as:

Table:

   "ROW_ID_KEY" :

          { 'ROW1':" www.cnn.com" }

          { 'ROW2':" www.bbc.com" }

          { 'ROW3':" www.haha.com" }

Could somebody provide an example of creating such table or another one that
capable of saving such information?

Of cause creating an 'usual' key-value table will save only one row with
id=1 value=www.haha.com, istead of three as I want.

Thanks,

Genady Gilin

R&D Team

eXelate Media Ltd. | 20 Ha'magshimim St. Ground Floor | Petah-Tikva, Israel

T: +1.646.237.4206 | M: +972.54.4824533|  <http://www.exelate.com/>
www.exelate.com |  <mailto:genadyg@exelate.com> genadyg@exelate.com

Check out our new Targeting Channels . . . Personal Tech, Urban, Fashion and
more!

***This e-mail message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and
contains confidential and/or privileged information belonging to eXelate
Media, Ltd. or its subsidiaries, customers or partners. Any unauthorized
review, use, copying, disclosure or distribution of this message is strictly
prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, please
contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all soft and hard copies of
the message and any attachments. Thank you for your cooperation.***