hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Yossi Ittach" <yoss...@gmail.com>
Subject How to start a Configuration (Java API) with a specific file?
Date Mon, 10 Nov 2008 08:06:54 GMT
Hi all

I want to specify in the code which hbase-site.xml file will be used as a
source for configuration. I tried to use addResources() but it doesn't work
- the path is added , but nothing happends - it's automatically goes for the
defaults (127.0.0.1:6000) . Can you please advise?

This is the code:

       conf = new HBaseConfiguration();
        Path sitePath = new Path("util/hbase-site.xml");
        Path defualtPath = new Path("util/hbase-default.xml");

        conf.addResource(sitePath);
        conf.addResource(defualtPath);

        try {
            admin = new HBaseAdmin(conf);