hbase-user mailing list archives

From bernie_woolf...@itss.vic.gov.au
Subject HBase in Windows XP
Date Sun, 23 Nov 2008 04:05:43 GMT
Hi,

I'm using HBase with the SubRecord project ( http://subrecord.org ).

In my linux development system, everything runs sweetly, but I'm also
forced to do some work on a laptop running XP and the installation/setup
process has been slow, difficult and painful.

I have sshd running as a service, and have followed info in the hadoop site
about setting-up a but whenever I start-hbase.sh (I'm using cygwin), I'm
asked for a password..
Not a major problem running from the command line, but I need HBase to run
from junit tests... and when I attempt it, I'm currently seeing traces
like:

java.io.IOException
      at
org.apache.hadoop.dfs.MiniDFSCluster.<init>(MiniDFSCluster.java:229)
      at
org.apache.hadoop.dfs.MiniDFSCluster.<init>(MiniDFSCluster.java:113)
      at
org.subrecord.repo.EmbeddedHBaseCluster.start(EmbeddedHBaseCluster.java:189)
      at
org.subrecord.test.storage.BaseClusterTest.setUpOnce(BaseClusterTest.java:33)
      at
org.junit.internal.runners.ClassRoadie.runBefores(ClassRoadie.java:49)
      at
org.junit.internal.runners.ClassRoadie.runProtected(ClassRoadie.java:36)
      at
org.junit.internal.runners.JUnit4ClassRunner.run(JUnit4ClassRunner.java:42)
      at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit4.runner.JUnit4TestReference.run(JUnit4TestReference.java:45)
      at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
      at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:460)
      at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:673)
      at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:386)
      at
org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:196)
Caused by: javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: Login failed: Cannot
run program "whoami": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the
file specified
      at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UnixUserGroupInformation.login(UnixUserGroupInformation.java:250)
      at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UnixUserGroupInformation.login(UnixUserGroupInformation.java:275)
      at
org.apache.hadoop.security.UnixUserGroupInformation.login(UnixUserGroupInformation.java:257)
      at
org.apache.hadoop.dfs.MiniDFSCluster.<init>(MiniDFSCluster.java:227)

Any help (or directions to info) would be greatly appreciated.

Bernie Woolfrey
Senior Developer
IT Shared Solutions
Ph: 03 9641 1565
Email:mailto:bernie_woolfrey@itss.vic.gov.au

IMPORTANT -
(1) The contents of this email and its attachments may be confidential and privileged. Any
unauthorised use of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you receive this email in error,
please contact us, and then delete the email.
(2) Before opening or using attachments, check them for viruses and defects. The contents
of this email and its attachments may become scrambled, truncated or altered in transmission.
Please notify us of any anomalies.
(3) Our liability is limited to resupplying the email and attached files or the cost of having
them resupplied.
(4) We collect personal information to enable us to perform our  functions. For more information
about the use, access and  disclosure of this information, refer to our privacy  policy at
our website.
(5) Please consider the environment before printing.