hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: [LIKELY JUNK]Question on update
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2008 08:27:31 GMT
As long as they are all of the person family (or some pre-existing
columnfamily), that should be fine (and during updates you prefix Map keys
with columnfamily name).  You'll have person:name, person:address and
person:email.  If three months down the road you add nail color, and you do
an update, the new 'nail color' attribute will be added as 'person:nail
color'.

St.Ack