hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: create table is time consuming
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2008 21:42:03 GMT
Things take a while usually because messaging is done on a period; most
of the elapsed time is just waiting on the period to pass.  See in
src/test where we have an hbase-site.xml with different config. from
hbase defaults.  Most of the config. here are tunings to make stuff run
faster in the unit test case.  See also how when we run unit tests, we
put the src/test folder ahead of all else on CLASSPATH in build.xml so
this "test" hbase-site.xml is the one favored when unit tests run.  You
might want to do similar?

St.Ack