hbase-user mailing list archives

From Przemek <prze...@subrecord.org>
Subject Re: create table is time consuming
Date Sat, 15 Nov 2008 19:26:10 GMT
Jean-Daniel Cryans wrote:
> Przemek,
>
> Just delete all rows in your tables. Unless you create thousands of rows, it
> should be faster.
>
> J-D

imho tests should not depend on any "prepared" or "assumed" state (all
should be created in setUp and closed in tearDown - ideally of course),
so setUp instantiates MiniHBaseCluster for us which does not have any
state (schema/data). there are no tables just after it starts and to be
honest it is ok :) you helped me anyway as I noticed that my directory
was relative to "target" and was cleaned by Maven :) setting it
somewhere else + format FS to false will let me keep the state between
tests however it is not very agile/tdd - still better than creating
filesystem and schema everytime. thanks.

Przemek

--
SubRecord - Enterprise Aspects Stack
http://subrecord.org