hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Multiple start regions in a table
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2008 18:09:00 GMT
Are they both enabled?

You can see by doing "scan '.META.'" in the shell and then look at the
particular regions in the output.  Disabled regions will have a disabled
attribute.

What error are you seeing when in your job?

You could enable DEBUG and then in shell try running "count
'TABLENAME'".  With DEBUG enabled, you'll see the regions loading and
you'll be able to pinpoint the problematic one.  Or, if your table is
large, run a "scan 'TABLENAME', ['NONEXISTANT_COLUMNNAME']".  That'll
cause the scanner to spin through all regions quickly -- there'll be no
values found as it scans -- and again with DEBUG you can see the regions

When you've found the bad region, look at its listing in the '.META.'
output.  Or paste it in here and we'll take a look for you.

Thanks Arthur,
St.Ack