hbase-user mailing list archives

From Michael Stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Regionserver fails to serve region
Date Tue, 04 Nov 2008 08:45:44 GMT
Slava Gorelik wrote:
> Hi Michael.After reformatting HDFS, Hbase started to work as a Swiss Clock.
> Worked with 8 clients about 30 hours intensive load.

Thanks for reporting back to the list.
> Just small question, after about 28 hours (when i came back to work) i found
> that one of 7 datanodes in Hadoop is about 98% usage and all other about
> 30%, is it normal ?

I haven't kept a close eye on HDFS usage during hbase upload.  I do know
that out-of-balance would seem to be a common condition and that its
been reported on the list that hbase runs faster on a balanced HDFS.
You might try out the hadoop balancer.  There's a little note on it here
in the hbase FAQ: http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/FAQ#7.

St.Ack