hbase-user mailing list archives

From Thibaut_ <tbr...@blue.lu>
Subject Problems running hbase on dfs
Date Thu, 27 Nov 2008 14:17:32 GMT

Hi,

I'm having some problems running hbase on a small cluster of 8 nodes running
hadoop. I already worked once, but I must have changed something and it
doesn't work anymore... I already spent hours trying to figure out what it
was, but I couldn't find the cause.

I'm using the hbase 18.1 release version and tried it with the 18.0,18.1 and
18.2 release of hadoop. My normal java applications can access the
distributed file system without any problems

Below is the exception I get when I try to start the hbase mater node. (The
hadoop namenode is running on server1 and I'm also starting the hbase master
node on server1). I suspected some type of jar version conflict, but I made
sure that I uploaded the original files of the distributions to the cluster,
while only keeping the conf directory with my settings.

Not using a shared directory on the dfs but a temporary local directory
(file:///...) brings the master up without any problems.

server1:/software/hbase-0.18.1# bin/hbase master start
08/11/27 14:51:22 ERROR master.HMaster: Can not start master
Method)
        at
sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstruct

orAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at
sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingC

onstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.doMain(HMaster.java:784)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.main(HMaster.java:818)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Call failed on local exception
        at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.$Proxy0.getProtocolVersion(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC.getProxy(RPC.java:319)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DFSClient.createRPCNamenode(DFSClient.java:103)
        at org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DFSClient.<init>(DFSClient.java:173)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.dfs.DistributedFileSystem.initialize(DistributedFil

eSystem.java:67)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.createFileSystem(FileSystem.java:1339

)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem.access$300(FileSystem.java:56)
        at org.apache.hadoop.fs.FileSystem$Cache.get(FileSystem.java:1351)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.<init>(HMaster.java:177)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.<init>(HMaster.java:147)
        ... 6 more
Caused by: java.io.EOFException
        at java.io.DataInputStream.readInt(DataInputStream.java:375)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.receiveResponse(Client.java:4

99)
        at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Client$Connection.run(Client.java:441)

Here is my hbase-site configuration:

   <property>
    <name>hbase.master</name>
    <value>server1:60000</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
    <value>hdfs://server1:50070/hbase</value>
  </property>
  <property>
    <name>hbase.regionserver.dns.interface</name>
    <value>eth0</value>
  </property>

Would appreciate any help!
Thanks,