hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Yossi Ittach" <yoss...@gmail.com>
Subject Hbase 0.18 : java.lang.NullPointerException at java.lang.String.<init>(String.java:433)
Date Sun, 26 Oct 2008 12:50:48 GMT
Hi all:

I'm afraid I don't have a lot to say about this exception , but I've
encountered it a several times so far, and I'm not sure what causes it. Have
any of you encountered it before?

java.lang.NullPointerException
       at java.lang.String.<init>(String.java:433)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.Bytes.toString(Bytes.java:75)
       at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException.getMessage(RetriesExhaustedException.java:50)
       at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.RetriesExhaustedException.<init>(RetriesExhaustedException.java:40)
       at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HConnectionManager$TableServers.getRegionServerWithRetries(HConnectionManager.java:863)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.commit(HTable.java:964)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.HTable.commit(HTable.java:950)
       at util.HBaseProxy.set(HBaseProxy.java:86)
       at benchmark.DBFiller.inputSourceFilesNTimes(DBFiller.java:125)
       at test.BenchmarkTests.basicBenchmarkTest(BenchmarkTests.java:46)
       at run.RunTests.main(RunTests.java:18)

Thanks.

Vale et me ama
Yossi