hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Yossi Ittach" <yoss...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: HBase region server - utilization extremely unbalanced
Date Thu, 23 Oct 2008 12:22:34 GMT
Thanks for the quick reply.

I'm following the jvm Memory consumption (using "top") , and what bothers me
is that it seems the percentages are just going up and up , and it makes me
kind of worried.

I'm trying to load the system with 30GB of data (this is a benchmark) . I
estimate that my production environment will require at least 3 times that
size.  Is there a rule-of-thumb as to how many region servers I'll need?

Vale et me ama
Yossi