hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Yossi Ittach" <yoss...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase (0.18) RegionServer : "unable to report to master for X ms - aborting server"
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 15:01:59 GMT
Hi all

I'm using HBase 0.18 and Hadoop 0.18.1 and I'm running some benchmarks.

Every now and then , a RegionServer prints this error msg :""unable to
report to master for X ms - aborting server"  and aborts.

However , both the master and the server have communication , and there's no
apparent problem (the server the runs the RegionServer runs a few more apps
, and they're perfectly responsive) . Using telnet on the Master from the
RegionServer machine works perfectly.

I've seen this issue :
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-412?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12566399#action_12566399

 which seems to be exactly my problem - but the fix in 505.patch is for
HBase 0.2.0 or 0.1.1

Any Idea?

Vale et me ama
Yossi