hbase-user mailing list archives

From "Naama Kraus" <naamakr...@gmail.com>
Subject HBase for small data sets
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2008 08:48:49 GMT
Hi,

Will HBase work reasonably for small data sets ? E.g. for 10s or 100s of
Gigas of data? Would it make sense to use HBase to store and access them ?

I was thinking HDFS and M/R have a overhead thus won't perform well for
small amounts of data. But say I use HBase w/o MapReduce (get, set, scan
only) and use local file system underneath, will I get reasonable
performance ? E.g. as opposed to using an RDBMS such as Apache Derby or
MySQL ? (Note that I am not thinking on having complicated relational
operations, or complicated schemes, but mainly a need in a key-value store).

Thanks, Naama
--
oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo 00 oo
00 oo 00 oo