hbase-user mailing list archives

From antonis labadaridis <antonis....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem installing hbase
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2008 22:29:33 GMT
Michael Stack wrote:
> antonis labadaridis wrote:
>> Hi.
>>
>> I am trying to install Hbase on debian testing. I installed hadoop
>> 0.18.1 sucessfully using these instructions:
>> http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Running_Hadoop_On_Ubuntu_Linux_(Single-Node_Cluster)

>> (the examples worked fine). Then I tried to install HBase, I followed
>> these instructions:
>> http://hadoop.apache.org/hbase/docs/r0.18.1/api/overview-summary.html#overview_description

>> (pseudo-distributed operation). HMaster starts running:
>>
>> antonis@usefullpc:~/installs/hbase-0.18.1$ bin/start-hbase.sh
>> starting master, logging to
>> /home/antonis/installs/hbase-0.18.1/bin/../logs/hbase-antonis-master-usefullpc.out

>> localhost: Debian GNU/Linux lenny/sid
>> localhost: starting regionserver, logging to
>> /home/antonis/installs/hbase-0.18.1/bin/../logs/hbase-antonis-regionserver-usefullpc.out

>> antonis@usefullpc:~/installs/hbase-0.18.1$ jps
>> 28425 HMaster
>> 25720 SecondaryNameNode
>> 25551 NameNode
>> 25782 JobTracker
>> 25628 DataNode
>> 25872 TaskTracker
>> 28559 Jps
> What do you have in your hbase-site.xml?
> Thanks,
> St.Ack

hbase-site.xml:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!--
/**
 * Copyright 2007 The Apache Software Foundation
 *
 * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
 * or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
 * distributed with this work for additional information
 * regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
 * to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
 * "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
 * with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
 *
 *     http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *
 * limitations under the License.
 */
-->

<configuration>
    <property>
        <name>hbase.rootdir</name>
        <value>hdfs://localhost:9000/hbase</value>
        <description>The directory shared by region servers.
        </description>
    </property>
</configuration>

Regards,