hbase-user mailing list archives

From stack <st...@duboce.net>
Subject Re: Add regionserver dynamically
Date Fri, 24 Oct 2008 18:13:05 GMT
Jinyeon Lee wrote:
> Then, what happened region server crashed or terminated?

Pardon me.  I don't understand what you are asking.  Please rephrase.

> Does hbase client ask hbase master to get new region server address?

Yes.

After new region is added, it'll be given regions.  If client has cached
old address for region, it will have a 'fault' when it tries to address
the region at old location.  Client will then recalibrate by asking the
master where the region has moved to and away we go again.

St.Ack